The seven Natural Resources Districts in the Lower Platte Basin and the Nebraska Department of Natural Resources (the Coalition) have signed an interlocal agreement to pursue and discuss water management components that could compromise a voluntary basin-wide water management plan. This effort could be incorporated into individual NRD's Itegrated Management Plans. The agreement was approved in April 2013 and continues for five years.
This Coalition has the following powers:
• To hold Coalition meetings, public meetings and hearings
• To contract and enter into agreement with agencies and others
• To retain a coordinator
• To receive and expend funding from various sources, including members and grants
• To undertake studies, investigations, or surveys
• To retain legal and other professional services